It’s finally here! The 1st February has become one of the highlights of the school year here in Rathpeacon as it marks the beginning of our annual Fit4Feb campaign. Our ‘Active School’ slogan came to life as we put our words into practice. Remember:
Every movement is improvement!
As well as all of our usual activities – Go Games, Gymnastics, PE, yard time, movement breaks – this month’s bonus Fit4Feb activities included:
- KM in the AM…we jogged a kilometre every morning
- 11@11…Sixth Class led the school through 11 activities every day
- Lunchtime Basketball pod competitions
- Lunchtime Soccer penalty shootout & cross bar challenge
- Yoga for everyone
- Athletics workshops for Third and Fourth
- Visit from Cork hurler (and past pupil) Shane Barrett to Fifth and Sixth
- Dance for everyone
- Mental Health Week – Mindful Monday, Thankful Tuesday, Worry-free Wednesday, Tasty Thursday and Fun Footwear Friday!
- Morning Walk…we are delighted this year to see some of our parents getting involved and heading off for a walk every morning once the drop off is done! Anyone interested can meet at 9.15 at the school gates.
- Active Homework
The Grand Finale – W.O.W.
The whole school community – pupils, staff, parents, grandparents, neighbours, friends and pets walked around our beautiful neighbourhood! We were blessed with the weather and got to enjoy the Rathpeacon countryside in all it’s glory! What a way to end this year’s Fit4Feb Campaign!
Have a look at the slideshow to see some of the other Fit4Feb activities:
The Dodgeball Tournament
We hope you enjoy this video showing a selection of the wonderful variety of activities the children got involved in so far this Fit4Feb!