A video message for pupils from Third to Sixth Class:
Next Monday – 15th March – will see the return of in-school teaching and learning for students from Third to Sixth Class. As our Junior Infants, Senior Infants, First and Second Classes have already returned we are really looking forward to Monday and having all of our pupils and staff in school together again. As the details are being shared with schools we are continuing to keep measures in place to ensure a safe return to school for all students and staff.
A return to in-school teaching and learning is very welcome but a safe return will be reliant on parental co-operation and adherence to public health guidelines. We ask you to familiarise yourself with the information below and thank you in advance for your co-operation
Please note the following:
- Parents of pupils in classes from Third to Sixth must complete a ‘Return to School Declaration Form’ before their children return to school on Monday morning. This form will be available on your Aladdin Connect App from 3pm on Sunday.
- From now on, a ‘Return to School Declaration Form’ must be completed after any absence from school. Pupils cannot return to school without the form being completed
- It is vital that parents / guardians dropping or collecting children do not congregate or gather and that they maintain 2m distance at all times. Parents / guardians or those dropping or collecting pupils should also wear a face mask when dropping off or collecting their child.
- We will continue to use Aladdin, e-mail and the phone as the main form of communication between home and school.
- You can view our full Covid Response Plan by clicking the link below.
- Children who may have symptoms of Covid-19, who are close contacts of a person with Covid 19 or who are awaiting a test should not be sent to school. See ‘A Parents’ Guide to Close Contacts’
- Any child / family that has travelled outside of Ireland should follow the public health guidelines in relation to quarantining etc.
- Further advice for parents on school re-opening can be found here
A special video message for pupils in Junior Infants, Senior Infants, First and Second Class:
Click here for further advice and information published by the Department of Education